Monday, December 10, 2012

Because I got bored...

As much as I loved my cute little gingerbread man nails, I got bored and decided to change them. I do that. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my nails so I asked a guy at work what color I should paint them. When I named off the available colors, he chose black and silver. Later, I was inspired by another co-worker's purple shirt. Thus, the color scheme for this manicure was born. I knew I wanted a purple base and some sort of design over top in black and silver.

I went with OPI Purple With a Purpose. As usual, my camera sucks at capturing purples. Really, this color is much less blue. It's a nice royal purple color with a tiny hint of pink and blue shimmer. It's my go-to purple.
It took me quite a while to decide what design to do. I knew I wanted to use my dotting tools. After much deliberation, I decided to do some stippling. I started with the silver.

I used Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri in Silver Sweep. Then, over top, more stippling in black.
A few spots of Wet n Wild Black Creme and a layer of top coat and done! I love it! Now, we see how long this lasts before I'm bored again. :P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment