Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Mixed Textures

Hubby and I went to Ulta today (not even for nail polish) and, on the way out, something caught his eye. It was the OPI Bond Girls display. He is a pretty big James Bond fan, so he was really interested. All six of the Bond Girls shades are Liquid Sand polishes. They are all so damn pretty! I couldn't help but get one. I ended up grabbing Jinx. I was so excited because this is my first textured polish.

This polish is amazing. Hubby and I both agree. It applies just as well as any good polish. Two coats does it. I paired it with Sally Hansen Snappy Sorbet.

I wasn't 100% sure whether or not I was on board with the textured polish trend. Jinx sold me. I love it. It's hard to capture the textured finish with my camera indoors (as usual it's too dark out) but it's great. Just rough enough to add some visual and textural interest but smooth enough that it doesn't feel scratchy or distracting. One thing's for sure, no camera can capture just how sparkly this polish is. There is a stupid amount of shimmer, sparkle, and shine that you almost forget that it's a matte finish. 


I can't wait to get my Julep Sea Salt polish to see how it compares to OPI's Liquid Sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment