Thursday, September 19, 2013

31DC2013 Day 19 - Galaxies

I haven't done very many galaxy manicures on myself, mostly on others, but I love them! They're just so much fun. You definitely need to dedicate a little bit of time to them, but it's so worth it! Going in to this challenge, I think this was the day I looked forward to the most!



In my last galaxy design, I ended up using a ton of polishes! It turned out fantastic, but this time I kept it to just a few colors. That way, you get the full impact of each color and nothing gets overpowered. 

For the base, I used Ulta Little Black Dress. The white sponging and the larger stars are done in acrylic paint. The rest of the sponging was done in Ulta Envy, Julep Blake, OPI Blue My Mind, and Funky Fingers Riot. To make the small star clusters, I just used a loose matte white glitter that I got from a craft store. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment