Saturday, September 21, 2013

31DC2013 Day 20/21 - Water Marble/Inspired by a color

Once again, I'm a day behind. Friday nights are not good for me and this challenge. Between work and the girls coming over for movies/manicures, I just don't have the time. But here I am, making up for it!





Boy oh boy! My camera was hating me today. Neither of these manicures would photograph well. 

For the water marble, I chose a fall color scheme. I used OPI Danke-Shiny Red, Julep Olivia, and OPI Deutsch You Want Me Baby. I love water marbling so much! In real life, this manicure is much more striking. There's a clearer difference between the orange and the red but my camera was being lame.

Now, for today's prompt (Inspired by a color) I almost went with orange because it's my favorite color. But, since there was an orange manicure as a challenge prompt already, I decided against it. I chose a color that was not yet featured; Pink! 
The very first thing I thought of when I thought pink was pretty pink polka dots! The base color is Barry M Dragonfruit and the polka dots are done in Art Club Technicolor Doll. The studs are neon pink metal studs from the Born Pretty Store.
Now, this is where my camera really turned into a jerk. Technicolor Doll is a NEON pink. It's super bright and my camera muted that. The studs, interestingly enough, are the exact same shade as Technicolor Doll; bright, neon pink. You seriously can't tell that in the photos. I tried so many different types of lighting and angles, too. I seriously considered scrapping it all and doing something else but I just love the way it looks in real life too much. 

You guys will just have to trust me when I tell you that these manicures look fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment