Thursday, October 10, 2013

Autumn Branches

I've been gone for over a week! I'm a terrible blogger. I've just been so busy and tired from work. My nails needed some rest anyway. I've had some nasty breaks and had to back to shorties. Oh well. At least my nails will be a good (even) length for Halloween.

So, it finally feels like fall! It's been cool and gorgeous out and I couldn't be happier. I hate warm weather so when summer is over, I'm in heaven. I wanted to do a design that was an homage to fall but not dark. It's been sunny so I wanted something fresh and bright. 

The base color is NYC Skyline Blue. I used a striping brush and Julep Olivia to make the branches. I used a dotting tool and my two favorite autumn shade polishes (OPI Deutsch You Want Me Baby and Danke-shiny Red) to make the "leaves."

It wasn't until I was finished that I realized that these look like cherry blossoms! This would be super easy to modify to match any season! Pink blossoms for spring, green leaves for summer, and white for snow covered winter branches!

No comments:

Post a Comment