Saturday, December 14, 2013

Christmas Post #4 - Santa!

When planning my Christmas designs, I knew right from the start that I had to do a design inspired by the big man himself; Santa Claus! You can't forget about the jolly old fat man and his fabulous red suit. He brings joy to millions and he's instantly recognizable. Best of all, his suit is SO SIMPLE to recreate as nail art!


This design was so quick and turned out super cute! I used OPI Danke-shiny Red for the base and mattified it with Julep Matte Top Coat. (On my index finger I used a nail art brush to paint a rounded triangle for Santa's hat.) The white accents are done with a large dotting tool in Sally Hansen White On. The black is Ulta Little Black Dress and the silver is Sally Hansen Silver Sweep. That's it!

I was planning on using white flocking powder to make the white trim fuzzy. I ended up loving the simplicity of the design as is so I left the fuzziness out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment