Friday, February 7, 2014

V-Day #5

Sometimes, ladies, we're busy. I know it and you know it. And, sometimes, no matter how much we love having pretty pretty nails, we are too busy to sit down and do fancy-schmancy nail art. And, sometimes, those too-busy days happen on special occasions; say, for instance, Valentine's Day. So, if you find yourself super busy and don't have much time to spend on your nails this V-Day, how about a fun glitter manicure?

I was perusing Ulta yesterday and found OPI Minni Style in the clearance section. I snatched it up without a second thought and decided to do a simple glittercure with it.



This is Minnie Style over Julep Helen. I love it. It's simple, romantic, and playful. MS was very difficult to work with, which is something I notice with a lot of OPI's glitter toppers. It took a lot of dabbing and pushing glitters around to get a nice "random" coating of glitter. I still like the way it turned out, though.

Now, oddly enough, if you search for swatches of Minnie Style, this isn't what you'll find, for the most part. Apparently, there are two versions of MS out there. My MS has red, fucshia, and white hex glitters and white square glitters. Almost every single swatch I found didn't have the square glitters (and I think there was also pink hex in them). Personally, I like mine better. I think the square glitters add a playful edge to the polish. So, if you love Minnie Style and you go out to find it, keep in mind that there are two kinds to look out for!

No comments:

Post a Comment