Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Gone Fishin'

A well known fact about hubby is that he is a big outdoors-man. He loves all things related to the outdoors. This time of year his thing is fishing. Tomorrow he is going on a fishing trip and he's giddy with excitement. Wait, burly men like him don't get giddy, do they? He's excited in a manly-man way. Ha ha! Well, a while back I promised him that I would do some fishing inspired nail art and I thought that this was the perfect time! So, I had him grab his fishing lures (which, by the way, he has tons of) and picked a few that inspired me. 


Have you ever looked at fishing lures?! They're amazing! Neons, metallics, gradients, even glitter! They're so pretty!

Obviously the main theme here is neon gradients. I started with a base coat of Funky Fingers Highlighter on my ring, middle, and index fingers. 

On my pinky, I did a coat of Sally Hansen Black Out, over that a coat of Butter London Knackered, and on that a coat of Sally Hansen Hypnautical. I wanted it to look like the deep sea. Using a nail art brush and Butter London The Full Monty.

The gradient on my ring finger is Julep Janel, Funky Fingers Highlighter and Sally Hansen Snappy Sorbet. I painted the "eye" using Funky Fingers Like Clockwork.

The gradient on my middle finger is OPI Blue My Mind and Funky Fingers Highlighter with a little Funky Fingers Atomic Poppy sponged onto the corner.The "eye" is Sally Hansen Celeb City.

On my index finger, the gradient is OPI Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow, Funky Fingers Highlighter, and Funky Fingers Atomic Poppy. 

All of the black details are Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in black.

No comments:

Post a Comment