Sunday, September 14, 2014

31dc2014 Day 14 - Flowers

Since I used my favorite animal as inspiration for yesterday's post, I thought it appropriate to use my favorite flower for today's. I love lilies; specifically Tiger Lilies. I also love Stargazer Lilies. But I've seen so many lily nail art designs out there, I decided to find another kind of flower. I browsed a flower glossary website for a while and, as you can imagine, there were TONS of flowers to choose from. I was looking at all of the gorgeous, intricate flowers when suddenly...


...THIS beauty jumped out at me! Instantly, I knew this was the one. It's such a simple bloom. But that, in combination with the gorgeous foliage, was what drew me in. It's called Purple Shamrock!




I am thrilled with the results! This was so much fun. The purples in the background are Sally Hansen A Pat on the Black and Julep Charlotte. The white is BK Matt White and the green is Essie Mojito Madness. I used Julep Bea to add the teensiest bit of yellow to the flowers. 

So pretty. To be honest, I will be sad when I have to remove this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment