Monday, September 22, 2014

31dc2014 Day 22 - Inspired by a Song

I went through a laundry list of song choices before I settled on what to do for today's prompt. It's tough to decide which direction you want to go in once you choose a song. Do you use the lyrics, music, or maybe even the music video as inspiration? I was looking through some playlists and, suddenly, it came to me. I knew what song I wanted.

Then, it happened. I put off doing my nails like I always do and... I BROKE A NAIL! Bad! My nails are just getting to a respectable length! UGH! I am so sick of cutting my nails down. So, I patched my nail, instead. I hate nail patches. You always have to redo them and it's just a pain. 

By the time I was ready to do my nails, I was tired, and annoyed, and almost ready to skip it. But it's the 31 day challenge and part of that challenge is posting daily, right? So, I did it anyway.

The song I chose is Bullet With Butterfly Wings by The Smashing Pumpkins.




I used all Sally Hansen products (aside from the stamp from BM-222) for this design. Black Out, White On, Silver Sweep, and a couple of nail art pens. 

I stamped a butterfly with a silver "bullet" on my ring finger, my middle finger is supposed to be a cage, and I drew the band's logo on my index finger. 

I am not happy with this design. At all. It may be because I'm grumpy or because I went into it without actually wanting to do it. Hubby likes it, though. So...yeah... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment