Sunday, October 12, 2014

Anise Water Spots

Recently, I've become a little bit obsessed with My Simple Little Pleasures YouTube channel. Colette posts these nail art tutorial videos and, oh, the things she can do with water marbles! Amazing. I've always just hoped for the best when I do a water marble but she has actual technique and knows how to coax some beautiful designs out of the polish. Thanks to her videos, I've decided to challenge myself to become better at water marbling. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to do an entire week of water marble designs. I've always loved water marbling so I'm excited. Also, with her tips and tricks, I'm hoping that it won't be quite so tedious a process and I'll have a lot more successes than failures!

Because I've been thinking about water marbling so much, but I don't want to start Water Marble Week until tomorrow, I chose another water based design for today. I went with some water spotting. I used both of my Anise colors for it because they're lovely and look great together.




The base color is Anise Sparks Fly. Let me just tell you about this color. It's a beautiful nude/silvery foil with the slightest reddish-pink shimmer. It's absolutely gorgeous all on it's own. But you pair that up with Anise Cosmic Kiss, and BAM! Cosmic Kiss is a beautiful raspberry with a holo shimmer. So so pretty!

If you want to get your hands on some Anise polishes, I've only ever seen them at DSW. I got these two about a year ago. They're very affordable; I think they were something like two for $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment