Saturday, March 21, 2015

Simple Dot Floral

I stopped by Sally Beauty Supply today because they were having a BOGO sale on their nail polish and, frankly, I wanted to load up. I told myself that I was only getting six but then I found the clearance nail polishes and snatched up two more. Hubby came with and picked out a few of the colors for me.

One of the new colors I got (which Hubby loves) is China Glaze But of Corpse. He wanted me to use it right away; I wanted to do something floral.




Now, as you can probably guess, But of Corpse is a Halloween polish. But the frostiness of it gives it an almost pastel feel which I think works well for a springy manicure. (It is officially Spring, after all.) The black glitter in BoC made me decide to go super simple with the flowers and use Sally Hansen Black Heart and a couple of dotting tools to create some basic black blooms.

But of Corpse is a matte textured polish but I am not too keen on the finish of this one. It's very uneven in texture and, to be honest, it feels more like a slightly rough glitter. I threw a top coat over it and was much happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment