Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spring Color Block

Even though we woke up to a bunch of wet snow this morning, here in Michigan, I'm still in a Springy kind of mood. Fall is my favorite season with Winter as a close second but I still love Spring and Summer, too. I love colors and the brighter the better, in my opinion. I think that's why I love Spring and Summer; the colors!

I wanted to do some Spring colored nail art with a geometric feel. A color blocked design was an easy decision to come to!

There were a lot of steps involved in this design, but it was by no means difficult. I started with a base of Sally Hansen White On. Once that dried completely, I marked off my sections with striping tape. I painted in the sections with a nail art brush (just to make it easier since some polishes have wide brushes) and removed the striping tape while the polish was still wet. I topped everything off with China Glaze Fairy Dust and then finished it with top coat.

The colors I used were Barry M Dragonfruit, Sally Hansen Chartreuse Chase,
OPI Planks a Lot, Barry M Papaya, and Sally Hansen Green Tea.



No comments:

Post a Comment