Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Neon Gradient & Spots

Have you ever gone to the store for one thing and ended up getting far more than you planned? That happened to me today. I stopped by my local Ulta for something and they didn't have it. I ended up leaving with four new nail polishes, instead. Afterwards, I thought, "Well, I'm right by these other great stores; I may as well pop in for a bit." I did and bought stuff at both of the stores I stopped at. So, basically, instead of spending the $20 I planned to, I spent quite a bit more and didn't even get what I needed. 

So, anyway... I used two of my newly acquired polishes today and did some bright summery stuff!



Here's the run-down of nail polishes involved in this mani. I used Sally Hansen Hard to Get as a base on all of my nails. For the polka-dot nails, I started with my lightest color, Funky Fingers Highlighter, and a large dotting tool; I made dots, starting at the tip and lessening the concentration of dots as I went up. Then, I repeated with my second color, ORLY Mayhem Mentality, and a smalled dotting tool. Finally, my darkest color, ORLY Oh Cabana Boy, and an even smaller dotting tool. I used those three colors to create the gradient on my ring finger and thumb. I topped it all with China Glaze Fairy Dust because it looks great on EVERYTHING!!!

I realized today that every time I sit down to do my nails, gradients are the first thing I want to do. I don't know why I love them so much. Yes, I do, actually. They're so pretty, and SUPER easy. Plus, they're really quick. So when I sat down to do this and instantly wanted to do gradients, I had to talk myself out of it. Obviously, I couldn't convince myself to completely give up on the gradient idea, but I only used it as an accent. That's good, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment