Tuesday, September 1, 2015

31DC2015 Day 1 - Red Nails

It's finally here! The 31 Day Challenge is officially upon us and I'm STOKED! I know a lot of people begrudgingly take part in the challenge but I love it. It is difficult at times but it IS called a challenge for a reason. I'm particularly enthusiastic this year because I've been in a bit of a slump and this is just the thing to perk me up!

I knew days ago exactly what I wanted to do for the day one prompt AND which nail polishes I wanted to use. I'm never this prepared!


I went with a negative space half-moon mani with some glitter placement. The red is OPI Danke-shiny Red. I used some small holographic hex glitters and China Glaze Fairy Dust to add some pizzazz. I was going to make this matte (my other hand is) but hubby liked it better shiny so I left it that way. 

I can't wait for tomorrow's prompt; mostly because orange is my favorite color. Hopefully the inspiration flows this easily for the whole challenge. 

Don't forget to check out my and other nail artists challenge designs on Tumblr, Instagram, Facebook, etc. tagged with #31dc2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment