Tuesday, September 22, 2015

31DC2015 Day 22 - Inspired by a Song

I spent the week before the challenge started AND the duration of the challenge up to this point with the exact song inspiration I wanted to use in mind. Then, today, the time came to do my nails and I changed my mind. Who know why my brain works the way that it works. Anyway, I chose a new song. I picked Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple. This song popped into my head and I instantly thought of this tutorial by Sarah at Chalkboard Nails. I have tried this tutorial so many times and have never gotten it to work for me. I was determined to get it working this time around. 



I wanted a base color that looked like water. I chose Nina Ultra Pro Caribbean Blue. The color I used for the smoke was Zoya Kelly. I'm not thrilled with the look of the "smoke" but I still like the overall effect. I will keep practicing this technique until I get it down!

No comments:

Post a Comment