Saturday, September 3, 2016

31DC2016 Day 3 - Yellow Nails

It's yellow day. Yellow is such a pretty color but it's one that I never ever wear. It's a color that looks horrid on me and actually makes me look a bit jaundice. I still love the color, though. It's so cheerful.

For today's prompt, I decided to do a mixed pattern design.




I chose a gingham pattern for most of my nails because I've never painted gingham before. I wanted polka dots as well because that's my favorite pattern. For the gingham nails, I started with a base of Sally Hansen Hard to Get. I painted vertical and horizontal stripes with Julep Lilou. I filled in the squares where the stripes intersect with Wet n Wild D'oh. The polka dot nails are Wet n Wild D'oh for the base and Kiss Nail Art Paint in White. 

I really love the way this turned out. The patterns look great together and it was actually quite easy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment